Sunday, August 26, 2007

August 23, 2007

Well this blog needs to be broken up into 2 parts because we had 2 very important things happen today! First off, my baby boy went to preschool today! I still can't believe it, it is hard to wrap my brain around that he could possibly be that old. My tiny baby boy who came into this world weighing under 2 pounds and fighting for his life...walked into school wearing his backpack ready to take on the world. He embraced this new adventure the same way he has with everything in life, with a smile on his face and an excited attitude! He bravely walked into his new classroom, after a kiss and hug for mom and dad, and didn't look back! I guess I shouldn't have been surprised that the only one with tears in our eyes, was me! It is hard to *let go*, to allow someone else to be his teacher, but I know it will be so good for him...so here's to an awesome year full of firsts!!!


The other huge happening today came in a small bundle! After 2 very long days, I finally got to meet my very first nephew Keegan Michael! Braden and I high-tailed it to Nebraska after a celebratory lunch and after dropping him off at Meena C.'s house (and telling him I was only going to get my haircut ;) ) I set off to meet the cutie!!! He had just gotten home from the hospital a few hours before and I know he was so excited to meet his Aunt Carissa!!!!


Doesn't he look excited!!!

No comments: