Tuesday, April 1, 2008

March 31, 2008

Happy Opening Day :)
I admit that at one point in my life I did not like baseball. I knew nothing about baseball. I mean I was from Nebraska, all we had was football, it was all that mattered. But then I started dating this guy in college who just happened to be a life-long Cardinals fan. He tried to get me to watch baseball on tv (BORING) and even took me to my first game (which they lost badly)...neither of which really got me to change my tune.
Then, I married that same guy, and slowly but surely I started LIKING baseball! I loved going to the games, I owned a few Cardinals shirts, I started trash talking Cubs fans (b/c that is what Cardinal fans do, right?!) and all on my own I started watching them on tv (gasp). Chris would be floored when he'd come home and I'd have them on the tv and could tell him all that happened!
Now with the Cardinals being one of the few teams that we totally agree on, we are grooming Braden to be the ultimate Cardinals fan! Chris finally got him his first jersey (too darn cute) and we are planning to take him to his first game this year!
Here he is sliding into home plate! Look at that form!!
Father and Son fans!!

1 comment:

The Phamily Matriarch said...

Too cute of a fan you have there!

Did y'all break that bouncing thingymagiggy? LOL

I don't eat cheese, but wow, that dish looks yummy! I'm sure Round Eye would love it...though he can't have it either. Bummer for him! :(